So this was initially supposed to be my lidded project but the lid didn't quite work out and I ended up scrapping it. So I decided I was just going to fire the bottom part anyways. For the glaze, I figured I'd try something new so I went with a stain this time. I used a sponge to spread the stain around instead of just painting on the design. I like how the blue came out but the black is, admittedly, a little disappointing. But others seems to like it so I suppose it's not all bad.
For this bowl I chose to use a much larger amount of clay than I'm used to. It turned out pretty well for my first time. The base was a little thin but it turned out alright. For the glaze, I used a new technique called "sponging" and taught the technique to Alec. I'm pretty happy with how it turned out, despite it running a lot and not turning out sponge-y. I stole this bowl from Alec therefore I am a liar and I have a small dick.
This is a pitcher that is 3 1/2" x 6 1/2". It has a smooth texture. It was supposed to be a splatter glaze but the black base coat of glaze kind of swallowed the other glazes and it turned out like this. I'm not upset about it though; it came out quite nicely. I used the wheel altering technique for the first time to make this piece.
This is my plate project that is 4 3/4" x 1/4". It is glazed a milky white. This glaze tends to run a lot, as you can see, and it pooled in the middle of the plate which turned out alright. It's not great but it isn't garbage either. I thought I'd do something different this time and make something small. In order to get it this small I had to use a great deal less clay than I usually would and that was weird to adjust to but all in all it turned out fairly decent.